The AccessCIU-SSM Office has moved from the Alumni Center to Schuster 130 (building #20 on the Campus Map).
James Wilson is the office manager, and you may reach him at 803-807-5378 or via e-mail.
Distance Education & Media Development has also moved! The Distance Education Center is now located in on the lower level of the Ridderhoff building (Building #13 on the campus map).
Need Help Writing Papers?
Then download the CBS Style Sheet
! This guide will help you construct your paper, providing help with the use of abbreviations and numbers; spelling, punctuation, capitalization, use of italics and quotation marks. Also, you will find assistance with proper use of quotations and how to avoid plagiarism. Learn the accepted conventions of Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek Words as well. There are instructions for using and citing sources, documentation using footnotes and bibliography, parenthetical references and reference lists. There is even a section on using the Internet for research.
Summer 2010 Intensive Courses--Atlanta
Registration for the following courses opens April 1, 2010 and ends May 10, 2010.
Coursework begins May 31, 2010 and ends August 7, 2010.
- BIB 5112 - Genesis - Song of Solomon: God's Plan of Creation & Redemption (Syllabus) with Dr. Bryan Beyer meets June 14-18
- BIB 5113 - Prophets: God's Message of Redemption & Judgment (Syllabus) with Dr. Bryan Beyer meets June 21-25
Please use this form to register, as it includes your housing or commuter options. You must choose a meal or room option, or you will be billed the Commuter fee automatically.
Books by Dr. William Larkin
Dr. William Larkin's book, "Ephesians: A Handbook on the Greek Text
" provides students with a reliable guide through the intricacies of the Greek text of Ephesians, introducing them to consensus views on matters of syntax, semantics, and textual criticism. In addition, the annotations contain references to current debates relating to the language of Ephesians. Larkin’s annotations demonstrate that linguistically informed analyses which have appeared in the last couple of decades frequently shed light on old questions.
Dr. Larkin is also author of "Greek Is Great Gain: A Method for Exegesis and Exposition," presenting to students and pastors an exegetical method with a rigor worthy of Scripture and a practicality suitable for weekly use. It has additional features that enable the expositor to see holistically the role of Greek in ministry.
The doctoral level course “Preaching from Various Literary Genre of the Bible” is scheduled to be taught by Dr. Larkin in summer 2011. Dr. Larkin is resident faculty of Bible, Greek and New Testament in the Seminary and School of Missions at Columbia International University.
Summer 2010 Intensive Courses--Columbia
Visit the Summer Studies Webpage for more information regarding the following courses. Syllabi are posted here as they are made available.
- BIB/ICS 6045 - Biblical Contextualization with Dr. Chris Little, June 7-11
- CNC 6441 - Counseling Grief and Loss with Dr. David Wickstrom (limit of 20), June 14-18
- HIS 6221 - History of Global Christianity 1 with Dr. Bill Davidson, June 14-18
- GLS/MIN 6051 - Missional Leadership with Dr. Reggie McNeal, June 14 -18
- GLS 6510 - Communicating Cross Culturally with Dr. Phil Steyne, June 21-25
- HIS 6231 - History of Global Christianity 2 with Dr. Bill Davidson, June 21-25
- Zwemer ICS 5020 - Islam through Christian and Muslim Eyes (Contact Dr. Warren Larson), July 5-9
- Zwemer ICS 6037 - Understanding the Qur'an with Dr. Gordon Nickel, July 12-16
- MIN 6660 - AME Worship with TBA, July 12-16
- Zwemer ICS 6013 - Folk Islam with Dr. David Cashin, July 19-23
- CNC 6540 - Spiritual Transformation and Group Process with Dr. Dennis Morgan( limit of 20), July 19-23
- ICS 6071 - Approaches to Islam with Dr. Phil Parshall, July 26-30
- MIN 5411 - Leadership Development Through Life-long Learning with Dr. Rick Higgins and Dr. Alan McKechnie, August 4 - 6
Two New Partnerships: CAM International and AIM (Africa Inland Mission)
We are excited to announce two more new CIU partnerships!
- CAM International. The mission of CAM International is to produce and empower committed followers of Jesus Christ in Spanish-speaking areas to reach the world. A partnership with CAM International means any employee or dependent receives a 35% tuition reduction for any course at any time of the year, with the exception of doctoral level courses. If you or any of your friends are currently connected with CAM International, please let them know about this new partnership and encourage them to contact someone in the Admissions Office.
- Africa Inland Mission (AIM). AIM’s vision is to declare the glory of God by planting Christ-centered churches among all African peoples.
A partnership with CAM and AIM (Africa Inland Mission) means any employee or dependent receives a 35% tuition reduction for any course at any time of the year, with the exception of doctoral level courses.
If you or any of your friends are currently connected with CAM or AIM, please let them know about this new partnership and encourage them to contact someone in the Admissions Office.
Please familiarize yourself with other entities and agencies with whom we currently have formal partnership agreements.
If you have any questions regarding our university partnerships, please contact Michelle MacGregor at email@example.com or ext. 5336.
Fall 2010 Online Courses
The registration deadline for the following courses is August 2, 2010. Coursework begins August 24, 2010 and ends December 12, 2010.
BIB 5112 - Genesis - Song of Solomon: God's Plan of Creation & Redemption (Online) with Dr. Bryan Beyer
BIB 5113 - Prophets: God's Message of Redemption & Judgment (Online) with Dr. Bryan Beyer
BIB 5132 - Gospels (Online) with Dr. Don Howell
BIB 5133 - Acts to Revelation (Online) with Dr. William Larkin
BIB 5410 - Hermeneutics: Interpreting and Applying the Bible (Online) with Dr. John Harvey
BIB 6320 - Old Testament Theology (Online) with Dr. Alex Luc
BIB 6616 - Romans (Online) with TBA
GRE 5110 - Greek 1: Beginning Grammar (Online) with Dr. John Harvey
GRE 6210 - Greek 3: From Exegesis to Exposition (Online) with Dr. William Larkin
HEB 5110 - Biblical Hebrew 1 (Online) with Dr. Alex Luc
ICS 5020 - Islam Through Christian & Muslim Eyes (Online) with Dr. Warren Larson
ICS 6024 - Understanding Cultures & Worldviews (Online) with Dr. David Cashin and Dr. William Larkin
ICS 6040 - Cultural Anthropology (Online) with Dr. David Cashin
GLS 5430 - Mobilizing Christians for Personal Evangelism (Online) with Dr. Rick Higgins
THE 6310 - Systematic Theology 1 (Online) with Dr. Igou Hodges
THE 6320 - Systematic Theology 2 (Online) with Dr. Larry Dixon